The Pocket Diet: Perfect Portion Control That Works!
home about contact us privacy policy
The Diet Recipes Fitness Community Community Shopping
Media & Press
www.pocketdiet.com
Community Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Community » The Pocket Diet Discussion » Pita pockets falling apart when filled

Author Topic: Pita pockets falling apart when filled
Glenda
Member # 445

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Glenda   Email Glenda   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi: What brand of pita pockets do you purchase? In the past when I have filled them, they just fall apart before I can finish them. Is there a secret to this? What am I doing wrong?
Coach
Member # 48

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coach   Email Coach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried Kangaroo's pockets? They work great!
Glenda
Member # 445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenda   Email Glenda   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Coach:
Have you tried Kangaroo's pockets? They work great!

Jenna
Member # 305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenna   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kangaroo Salad Pockets are already opened and ready for filling. I find they hold together best.

But keep a few things in mind to keep pockets from falling apart:

1. Don't overstuff. They'll hold about 1/3 cup of fillings. Too much more, and they crack.

2. Soggy fillings can cause pockets to tear. Our Pocket Diet Recipes modify your favorite combinations to work in pita pockets.

3. Cold pitas tear easier. I keep my pitas in the fridge, but warm them for a few seconds in the microwave. Leaving them at room temperature works too.

4. Chop food finely. The sharp corners of an apple cube or chunk of celery can push through the pita.

--------------------
JUST ONE SPARK & COOKING UP A STORM - Mills & Boon Modern Romance

http://www.jennabayley-burke.blogspot.com

Posts: 56 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | My Homepage